Life is about balance. Most of us do not have a perfect diet and lifestyle 100% of the time and that’s OK. The goal is to make the best choices for yourself at any given point in time in your life.
What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic means treating the body as a whole. Holistic Nutrition takes physical, emotional and environmental factors into consideration when defining individual nutritional needs.
Holistic Nutrition involves eating :
- Natural, Live and Good Quality food
- Natural foods are unprocessed, unrefined foods, such as whole grains and legumes.
- Live foods still contain live enzymes, such as fruits, vegetables, and sprouts.
Organic Foods :
Grown in soil that is rich in essential nutrients without chemical pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and synthetic fertilizers.
Organic Meats :
Raised on organically grown feed and not subject to routine use of growth hormones, antibiotics or steroids
Holistic nutrition recognizes that :
- Food affects how we feel and how we feel affects our nutrient absorption.
- Everyone is uniquely different and has different nutritional requirements.
- There is no diet that is right for everyone all of the time.
- The only person in charge of you is you, and no one knows more about what’s good for you than you.
- There is no miracle nutrient that will solve all your problems.
- Good nutrition is not about counting calories, carbohydrates, proteins and fats; it is about feeding your individual physical, emotional and environmental needs.