The perfect Lemon Curd recipe is made even better with honey! This versatile recipe has options to swap out ingredients based on your personal needs.
Honey Lemon Curd
A delicious lemon desert that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil***
- 7 tablespoons honey**
- 6 egg yolks (or 3 large eggs)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the honey, lemon zest and egg yolks in a medium sauce pan. Whisk until fully blended.
- Turn stove on to medium heat, add coconut oil and continue stirring.
- Once the oil is melted, add the lemon juice and continue whisking mixture while cooking over medium heat until it thickens. It is best to use a silicon whisk or wooden spoon. (It’s important to stir constantly throughout the cooking process, which will take somewhere between 10 to 15 minutes).
- The mixture will thicken as you reach the brink of boiling. Once the mixture is trying to boil, cook for about 15 more seconds while stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the curd to a glass container (mason jars are great), and it will continue to thicken up as it cools.
- 6. Store in the refrigerator for about 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months. The curd will not freeze solid, so you can scoop it out with ease anytime you want, right from the freezer!
- ***Coconut Oil can be swapped for Goat Butter or Cow's Butter. Both work excellent in this recipe.
- **Honey can be swapped for Maple Syrup, Stevia or other sweetener of choice. Just check the label for appropriate quantity based on the sweetener you select.
Bundles Of Energy http://www.bundlesofenergy.com/