This cake is a delicious end to any meal and has a protein surprise!
Chickpea Chocolate Cake
This cake is a delicious end to a family dinner and packed with protein.
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked, drained chickpeas (19 oz can, drained)
- 1/3 cup black cherry juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mint (4-5 sprigs)
- 4 free range eggs
- 2/3 cup Sucanat or whole cane sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao, raw
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix. Blend until completely mixed, scrape sides and blend again.
- Pour into 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Check after 40 minutes to see if a toothpick inserted comes out dry. When done, let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Remove and set on a serving dish.
- Perfect with whip cream, sliced strawberries and a drizzled or shaved chocolate!
- You can subsitute half of the chickpeas for black beans if desired.
Bundles Of Energy https://www.bundlesofenergy.com/