Soft, delicious and the perfect combination of seasonal flavours; this healthy treat is perfect for snacking, deserts or as a high energy addition to lunches on the go.
- 1 cup butter, organic***
- 1 cup coconut sap, “whole” cane sugar**
- 1½ cups pumpkin; cooked & pureed
- 2 eggs, free run
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole grain flour*
- 1½ tsp baking powder; aluminum free
- ½ tsp sea salt; Himalayan or Celtic
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sucanat. Add eggs, pureed pumpkin and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add to butter mixture and combine.
- Drop cookies by the tablespoon onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, well spaced and bake for 15-18 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- *Whole Grain Flour Options: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 cups whole spelt flour
- **Gluten Free Variation: 1¼ cups brown rice flour + ¾ cups gluten free oat flour
- Or 1 cup brown rice flour + 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1.) Whole Sweetener options: Coconut Sap/Sugar, Xylitol (Xyla), Whole Cane Sugar
- 2.) ***Dairy Free Variation: Replace the butter for ½ of coconut oil, plus ¼ cup coconut butter
- 3.) Egg Free Variation: Combine 1 Tbsp ground chia seeds with 3 Tbsp water. Let sit for 10 minutes, then use in place of 1 egg.
Bundles Of Energy https://www.bundlesofenergy.com/