I have been thinking a lot about coincidences and the exisitence of law of attraction lately and it still amazes me when it occurs! I guess it is always occurring, just sometimes it is more obvious than others.
Yesterday, Michelle and I attended the quarterly meeting of R.E.A.P. (Respect for the Earth and All People), a local business association that we are very proud to be a member of. At the meeting we got to network with other fantastic, green, local businesses like:
- Community Natural Foods (local health food store)
- Conscious Home (green lifestyle coaching for busy Calgarians)
- Swizzle Sticks Salon and Spa
- Bow Point Nursery (specialty growers of native plants of Southern Alberta)
- Eco Box (reusable moving boxes and packing solutions)
At the meeting, we discussed the importance of buying locally and supporting local business. I knew this was important but some of the numbers and studies that have been done regarding boosting local economy were eye-opening.
Then this morning, I found this article in my inbox. It is from the beachbody site (a company that sells various workout programs). While I don’t entirely support or endorse their views on nutrition, this article is very well put together and so true.
I implore you, if you don’t already:
- BUY LOCAL! Try out one of the above local businesses.
- Check out the new Kingsland Farmer’s Market. Calgary’s newest Farmers Market. Connecting Families, Farmers, and the food they share. You will be amazed at all you can find locally.
- Stay tuned! I am looking forward to Stephanie Jackman’s (founder of R.E.A.P.) upcoming “buy local impact” campaign and will be blogging about it so stay tuned!
I love buying fresh local produce! I go to our local farmer’s market here in PA every week.. I even buy free range brown eggs at a local farm. They are only $1.75 a dozen and are free range! Much cheaper and fresher than the grocery store. It feels good supporting local farms in our community and I know the food wasn’t shipped halfway across the country.
That’s great Carrie! Nothing beats farm fresh eggs!