Okay so you are considering attending one of our workshops and are probably thinking, “what does pay what you think it is worth mean?” Or, “what should I pay?”
Usually when you sign up for something the price is clearly stated. You know what you should be getting and exactly how much it is going to cost. So why have we switched our format? First, some background info:
- We started out charging $65 per person for one our workshops.
- The fee was definitely worth it to most people YET unaffordable to others.
- Participants of the workshops were always very enthusiastic and inspired by the workshops but our challenge was in expressing this to people who had not yet experienced it.
- Our company is young and spreading the word is more important than setting a price point.
What does this mean for you? What should you pay? The facts of the matter:
- Cooking classes typically range anywhere from $60-$125.
- Nutritionists charge an hourly rate of $70-$150 per hour.
- The cost of the food (a full course meal) is about $20 per person.
- The event is by no means free, it is pay what you think it is worth!
You might be thinking something like, “I know but I can’t pay much! I’d feel guilty attending knowing how little I can pay you . . .”
If this is true for you, than don’t worry!
- It’s not just about money. We truly would not want you to miss this solely because of money. We price it this way to get the word out and to allow more people to be able to participate. You will not be the only one there. In fact, bring a friend along! Some of the participants will be able to pay a lot… it all works out in the end.
- If this doesn’t reassure you – consider looking at it as a long-term relationship. We are here to stay. Use the information you acquire and pay it forward. Spread the word. Sign up for a future workshop and join our membership program!
- Think about it from our end: Our mission is to educate people about healthy eating and living. We’d rather have 20 people at the workshop than only 5 or 10.
- Help us out by completing our workshop survey at the event. The amount of your payment will be kept completely confidential. Fill out your survey, fold it and discretely slide your cash or cheque in.
So now what?
- Register for an event!
- Bring a friend or two!
- We will put on a great workshop and inspire you to begin your gentle shift.
- At the end of the workshop, you decide what it is worth to you, write that number down on your survey and then consider what you can afford.
- Slide your payment into your survey and hand it in.
- Go home and incorporate one or more of the things you learn into your day to day life. Make a positive change!
- Tell a friend about us and come back for more!