What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic means treating the body as a whole. Holistic Nutrition takes physical, emotional and environmental factors into consideration when defining individual nutritional needs.
Holistic nutrition involves eating:
● Natural, Live and Good Quality food
● Natural foods are unprocessed, unrefined foods, such as whole grains and legumes.
● Live foods still contain live enzymes, such as fruits, vegetables, and sprouts.
● Good Quality foods are:
○ Organic Foods: grown in soil that is rich in essential nutrients without chemical pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and synthetic fertilizers.
○ Organic Meats: raised on organically grown feed and not subject to routine use of growth hormones, antibiotics or steroids
Holistic nutrition recognizes that:
● Food affects how we feel and how we feel affects our nutrient absorption.
● Everyone is uniquely different and has different nutritional requirements.
● There is no diet that is right for everyone all of the time.
● The only person in charge of you is you, and no one knows more about what’s good for you than you.
● There is no miracle nutrient that will solve all your problems.
● Good nutrition is not about counting calories, carbohydrates, proteins and fats; it is about feeding your individual physical, emotional and environmental needs.
● Life is about balance. Most of us do not have a perfect diet and lifestyle 100% of the time and that’s OK. The goal is to make the best choices for yourself at any given point in time in your life.